Aug 12, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers will have options at center this season after coming to terms with 2014 third overall pick Leon Draisaitl.
The 6-foot-1, 209-pound native of Cologne, Germany scored 38 goals and 57 assists in 64 regular season games with the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League in 2013-14. He added a goal and two helpers in four playoff games.
At the 2014 World Hockey Championship, Draisaitl had a goal and three assists in seven games.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)