Aug 12, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers will have options at center this season after coming to terms with 2014 third overall pick Leon Draisaitl.
The 6-foot-1, 209-pound native of Cologne, Germany scored 38 goals and 57 assists in 64 regular season games with the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League in 2013-14. He added a goal and two helpers in four playoff games.
At the 2014 World Hockey Championship, Draisaitl had a goal and three assists in seven games.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)