Aug 11, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
It appears Marc Savard has found his next job.
The Boston Bruins forward, who remains on long-term injured reserved with the NHL club, is set to join the Ontario Hockey League’s Ottawa 67’s as a scout.
The report comes from XM Radio’s Chris Stevenson:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) August 11, 2014
Savard has not played since suffering a concussion on a hit from Matt Hunwick of the Colorado Avalanche in January 2011.
It was his second concussion after he received a blindsided head shot from, then Penguins forward, Matt Cooke in March 2010.
The 37-year-old has missed the past three seasons with post-concussion syndrome.
According to CapGeek, Savard is scheduled to make $2.65 million in final three seasons of his seven-year, $28 million contract, which kicked in during the 2010-11 season.
The former fourth-round pick of the New York Rangers has 207 goals and 706 points in 807 games with the Rangers, Calgary Flames, Atlanta Thrashers and Bruins.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)