Aug 11, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
It appears Marc Savard has found his next job.
The Boston Bruins forward, who remains on long-term injured reserved with the NHL club, is set to join the Ontario Hockey League’s Ottawa 67’s as a scout.
The report comes from XM Radio’s Chris Stevenson:
— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) August 11, 2014
Savard has not played since suffering a concussion on a hit from Matt Hunwick of the Colorado Avalanche in January 2011.
It was his second concussion after he received a blindsided head shot from, then Penguins forward, Matt Cooke in March 2010.
The 37-year-old has missed the past three seasons with post-concussion syndrome.
According to CapGeek, Savard is scheduled to make $2.65 million in final three seasons of his seven-year, $28 million contract, which kicked in during the 2010-11 season.
The former fourth-round pick of the New York Rangers has 207 goals and 706 points in 807 games with the Rangers, Calgary Flames, Atlanta Thrashers and Bruins.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)