Aug 9, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
At this point, most hockey fans have probably at least heard the name Connor McDavid. He’s not only an early favorite to be taken first overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, he’s also regarded as someone who could help define a franchise going forward.
Not everyone has seen him play though, so for some this could act as a small preview of what he’s capable of:
That goal was scored during an exhibition game between Canada and the Czech Republic during the Canadian’s development camp. Canada is counting on McDavid to play a key role in their quest to win the gold medal in the upcoming World Junior Championship while the OHL Erie Otters will also be putting their faith in him. After the 2014-15 campaign is done, McDavid could start his NHL career.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5