Aug 9, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
At this point, most hockey fans have probably at least heard the name Connor McDavid. He’s not only an early favorite to be taken first overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, he’s also regarded as someone who could help define a franchise going forward.
Not everyone has seen him play though, so for some this could act as a small preview of what he’s capable of:
That goal was scored during an exhibition game between Canada and the Czech Republic during the Canadian’s development camp. Canada is counting on McDavid to play a key role in their quest to win the gold medal in the upcoming World Junior Championship while the OHL Erie Otters will also be putting their faith in him. After the 2014-15 campaign is done, McDavid could start his NHL career.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 24
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22