Aug 9, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
It sounds like Nikolai Prokhorkin won’t be playing for Los Angeles in the near future.
After scoring 19 goals and 37 points in 52 games with CSKA Moscow, the 20-year-old forward has agreed to a one-year contract extension with the KHL club, according to Sovetsky Sport.
They selected Prokhorkin in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
“Los Angeles really wanted to sign me, they even sent their scouts in Russia, but they didn’t give me any guarantee that I’d play in the NHL, they can still demote me down,” Prokhorkin said, based on The Hockey Writers’ translation of the interview.
(h/t LA Kings Insider)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 8
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)