Aug 9, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Last season was officially a breakout year for Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn. He played all 82 games in Philly and netted 20 goals with 41 points – all career-highs.
“He’s got a real gift at putting the puck in the net,” Hextall said. “He scored 20 goals, which at this stage of the game that’s a lot of goals. But we still think there’s more there and there’s more growth. I think the biggest thing is the consistency part.”
One place Schenn could find himself next season is on a line with captain Claude Giroux. With Hartnell out of town and Umberger being expected to help out on other lines, that leaves a spot open on Giroux’s left side. While Schenn is a natural center, his offensive game may be just the thing the Flyers need to give them a potent first line attack.
Hextall added that Schenn needs to be more consistent. If that happens and he winds up with Giroux, goals will come in bunches for all of them.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)