Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Julien Brouillette has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Winnipeg Jets, per the team’s website. He will come with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Brouillette is a 27-year-old journeyman defenseman who finally got his big break with the Washington Capitals last season. He made his NHL debut against Winnipeg on Feb. 6 and assisted on Tom Wilson‘s game-tying goal in the Capitals’ 4-2 victory. He followed that up with his first career goal against New Jersey on Feb. 8.
He didn’t record any more points last season, but Brouillette finished the campaign with 10 NHL games under his belt. He also had 10 goals and 20 points in 51 contests with AHL Hershey.
Brouillette was never drafted and has had to slowly work his way up the system. After finishing his junior career with the QMJHL Chicoutimi Sagueneens, he spent the majority of three seasons in the ECHL before he finally started to establish himself at the AHL level.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)