Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Julien Brouillette has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Winnipeg Jets, per the team’s website. He will come with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Brouillette is a 27-year-old journeyman defenseman who finally got his big break with the Washington Capitals last season. He made his NHL debut against Winnipeg on Feb. 6 and assisted on Tom Wilson‘s game-tying goal in the Capitals’ 4-2 victory. He followed that up with his first career goal against New Jersey on Feb. 8.
He didn’t record any more points last season, but Brouillette finished the campaign with 10 NHL games under his belt. He also had 10 goals and 20 points in 51 contests with AHL Hershey.
Brouillette was never drafted and has had to slowly work his way up the system. After finishing his junior career with the QMJHL Chicoutimi Sagueneens, he spent the majority of three seasons in the ECHL before he finally started to establish himself at the AHL level.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)