Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Julien Brouillette has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Winnipeg Jets, per the team’s website. He will come with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Brouillette is a 27-year-old journeyman defenseman who finally got his big break with the Washington Capitals last season. He made his NHL debut against Winnipeg on Feb. 6 and assisted on Tom Wilson‘s game-tying goal in the Capitals’ 4-2 victory. He followed that up with his first career goal against New Jersey on Feb. 8.
He didn’t record any more points last season, but Brouillette finished the campaign with 10 NHL games under his belt. He also had 10 goals and 20 points in 51 contests with AHL Hershey.
Brouillette was never drafted and has had to slowly work his way up the system. After finishing his junior career with the QMJHL Chicoutimi Sagueneens, he spent the majority of three seasons in the ECHL before he finally started to establish himself at the AHL level.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)