Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Julien Brouillette has agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Winnipeg Jets, per the team’s website. He will come with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Brouillette is a 27-year-old journeyman defenseman who finally got his big break with the Washington Capitals last season. He made his NHL debut against Winnipeg on Feb. 6 and assisted on Tom Wilson‘s game-tying goal in the Capitals’ 4-2 victory. He followed that up with his first career goal against New Jersey on Feb. 8.
He didn’t record any more points last season, but Brouillette finished the campaign with 10 NHL games under his belt. He also had 10 goals and 20 points in 51 contests with AHL Hershey.
Brouillette was never drafted and has had to slowly work his way up the system. After finishing his junior career with the QMJHL Chicoutimi Sagueneens, he spent the majority of three seasons in the ECHL before he finally started to establish himself at the AHL level.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)