Aug 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The evening game (7 p.m. ET) will be played at the brand new Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, home of the San Francisco 49ers. Which may, admittedly, be a disappointment for those who’d hoped it would be held at picturesque AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants. But the larger capacity of the football stadium (approx. 70,000) compared to the baseball park (approx. 40,000) likely played a role in the decision.
“This event celebrates the growth of the great game of hockey in San Jose and recognizes the incredible support and passion of Sharks fans all over Northern California,” said John Tortora, the Sharks’ COO. “We know our fans will bring the electrifying atmosphere of SAP Center at San Jose to Levi’s Stadium on Feb. 21 and we are looking forward to showcasing Sharks Territory outside and under the lights.”
The game will be broadcast by NBCSN and Hockey Night in Canada.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 39
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54