Aug 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The evening game (7 p.m. ET) will be played at the brand new Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, home of the San Francisco 49ers. Which may, admittedly, be a disappointment for those who’d hoped it would be held at picturesque AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants. But the larger capacity of the football stadium (approx. 70,000) compared to the baseball park (approx. 40,000) likely played a role in the decision.
“This event celebrates the growth of the great game of hockey in San Jose and recognizes the incredible support and passion of Sharks fans all over Northern California,” said John Tortora, the Sharks’ COO. “We know our fans will bring the electrifying atmosphere of SAP Center at San Jose to Levi’s Stadium on Feb. 21 and we are looking forward to showcasing Sharks Territory outside and under the lights.”
The game will be broadcast by NBCSN and Hockey Night in Canada.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18