Aug 6, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
The evening game (7 p.m. ET) will be played at the brand new Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, home of the San Francisco 49ers. Which may, admittedly, be a disappointment for those who’d hoped it would be held at picturesque AT&T Park, the home of the San Francisco Giants. But the larger capacity of the football stadium (approx. 70,000) compared to the baseball park (approx. 40,000) likely played a role in the decision.
“This event celebrates the growth of the great game of hockey in San Jose and recognizes the incredible support and passion of Sharks fans all over Northern California,” said John Tortora, the Sharks’ COO. “We know our fans will bring the electrifying atmosphere of SAP Center at San Jose to Levi’s Stadium on Feb. 21 and we are looking forward to showcasing Sharks Territory outside and under the lights.”
The game will be broadcast by NBCSN and Hockey Night in Canada.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 14
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46