Aug 6, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
We’re sure San Jose Sharks fans have heard enough about how last season ended. Getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round in seven games by the Los Angeles Kings after being up 3-0 in the series is a cruel memory for a fan base that’s dying to get to the Stanley Cup Final.
How to respond to such a gut-wrenching loss is what’s proving to be more dramatic for the Sharks. The offseason started with rumors of big changes coming only to see not much change at all. Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau weren’t traded, Martin Havlat was sent out of town, and John Scott was brought on board to play sheriff.
So just how are the Sharks going to rebound from last season’s brutal exit?
Will Antti Niemi rebound or will Alex Stalock take the job in goal and carry them to the promised land? Will they run into the Kings again in the playoffs? Will they even make the playoffs? Your job is to tell us in the poll how you think things will turn out for Todd McLellan’s team.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)