Aug 6, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
We’re sure San Jose Sharks fans have heard enough about how last season ended. Getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round in seven games by the Los Angeles Kings after being up 3-0 in the series is a cruel memory for a fan base that’s dying to get to the Stanley Cup Final.
How to respond to such a gut-wrenching loss is what’s proving to be more dramatic for the Sharks. The offseason started with rumors of big changes coming only to see not much change at all. Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau weren’t traded, Martin Havlat was sent out of town, and John Scott was brought on board to play sheriff.
So just how are the Sharks going to rebound from last season’s brutal exit?
Will Antti Niemi rebound or will Alex Stalock take the job in goal and carry them to the promised land? Will they run into the Kings again in the playoffs? Will they even make the playoffs? Your job is to tell us in the poll how you think things will turn out for Todd McLellan’s team.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)