Aug 6, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
We’re sure San Jose Sharks fans have heard enough about how last season ended. Getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round in seven games by the Los Angeles Kings after being up 3-0 in the series is a cruel memory for a fan base that’s dying to get to the Stanley Cup Final.
How to respond to such a gut-wrenching loss is what’s proving to be more dramatic for the Sharks. The offseason started with rumors of big changes coming only to see not much change at all. Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau weren’t traded, Martin Havlat was sent out of town, and John Scott was brought on board to play sheriff.
So just how are the Sharks going to rebound from last season’s brutal exit?
Will Antti Niemi rebound or will Alex Stalock take the job in goal and carry them to the promised land? Will they run into the Kings again in the playoffs? Will they even make the playoffs? Your job is to tell us in the poll how you think things will turn out for Todd McLellan’s team.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)