Aug 6, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
We’re sure San Jose Sharks fans have heard enough about how last season ended. Getting bounced from the playoffs in the first round in seven games by the Los Angeles Kings after being up 3-0 in the series is a cruel memory for a fan base that’s dying to get to the Stanley Cup Final.
How to respond to such a gut-wrenching loss is what’s proving to be more dramatic for the Sharks. The offseason started with rumors of big changes coming only to see not much change at all. Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau weren’t traded, Martin Havlat was sent out of town, and John Scott was brought on board to play sheriff.
So just how are the Sharks going to rebound from last season’s brutal exit?
Will Antti Niemi rebound or will Alex Stalock take the job in goal and carry them to the promised land? Will they run into the Kings again in the playoffs? Will they even make the playoffs? Your job is to tell us in the poll how you think things will turn out for Todd McLellan’s team.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)