Aug 5, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
From Newsday’s Steven Marcus:
It’s not clear why Barroway has apparently ceased negotiations to buy the New York Islanders from Charles Wang (pictured), but the reported asking price of $400 million may have something to do with it. The latest valuation by Forbes pegged the Brooklyn-bound Islanders’ worth at $195 million.
Another possibility is that a new, higher bidder has emerged. Or, Wang may have decided to keep the team.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11