Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The New York Rangers have hired Darryl Williams to be an assistant coach on Alain Vigneault’s staff.
Williams was Vigneault’s video coach in Vancouver, so the two know each other well.
The Canucks recently named Ben Cooper as their new video coach, with president of hockey ops Trevor Linden saying that Williams had left after having “a great opportunity presented to him.”
In New York, Williams replaces Dan Lacroix, who joined the Montreal Canadiens’ staff last week.
Anyway, here’s “funky for Darryl” Williams picking out some clothes with Ryan Walter:
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 0
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 34
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 15
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)