Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The New York Rangers have hired Darryl Williams to be an assistant coach on Alain Vigneault’s staff.
Williams was Vigneault’s video coach in Vancouver, so the two know each other well.
The Canucks recently named Ben Cooper as their new video coach, with president of hockey ops Trevor Linden saying that Williams had left after having “a great opportunity presented to him.”
In New York, Williams replaces Dan Lacroix, who joined the Montreal Canadiens’ staff last week.
Anyway, here’s “funky for Darryl” Williams picking out some clothes with Ryan Walter:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5