Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The New York Rangers have hired Darryl Williams to be an assistant coach on Alain Vigneault’s staff.
Williams was Vigneault’s video coach in Vancouver, so the two know each other well.
The Canucks recently named Ben Cooper as their new video coach, with president of hockey ops Trevor Linden saying that Williams had left after having “a great opportunity presented to him.”
In New York, Williams replaces Dan Lacroix, who joined the Montreal Canadiens’ staff last week.
Anyway, here’s “funky for Darryl” Williams picking out some clothes with Ryan Walter:
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)