Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The New York Rangers have hired Darryl Williams to be an assistant coach on Alain Vigneault’s staff.
Williams was Vigneault’s video coach in Vancouver, so the two know each other well.
The Canucks recently named Ben Cooper as their new video coach, with president of hockey ops Trevor Linden saying that Williams had left after having “a great opportunity presented to him.”
In New York, Williams replaces Dan Lacroix, who joined the Montreal Canadiens’ staff last week.
Anyway, here’s “funky for Darryl” Williams picking out some clothes with Ryan Walter:
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)