Aug 5, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
The New York Rangers have hired Darryl Williams to be an assistant coach on Alain Vigneault’s staff.
Williams was Vigneault’s video coach in Vancouver, so the two know each other well.
The Canucks recently named Ben Cooper as their new video coach, with president of hockey ops Trevor Linden saying that Williams had left after having “a great opportunity presented to him.”
In New York, Williams replaces Dan Lacroix, who joined the Montreal Canadiens’ staff last week.
Anyway, here’s “funky for Darryl” Williams picking out some clothes with Ryan Walter:
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 2
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)