Aug 5, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Brandon Sutter got himself a raise.
Sutter, Pittsburgh’s gritty third-line center that came on strongly at the end of last season, has agreed to a two-year extension with the club worth $6.6 million. The deal carries an average annual cap hit of $3.3M — a nice bump from the $2.06M Sutter made annually on his last deal — and puts the Pens roughly $1 million away from the salary cap ceiling,
Sutter, 25, has struggled at times to match the kind of production he had in Carolina — he scored 21 goals and 40 points in his sophomore campaign — but is playing a different role with the Pens than he was with the ‘Canes. What’s more, Sutter was one of Pittsburgh’s better performers in last year’s playoffs, finishing third on the team with five goals while averaging just under 16 minutes per night.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
One for the highlight reel (unless you’re Nabokov).
Dec 19, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
It’s been 2,599 days since that last happened.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
Let’s hope it’s just that type of illness …
Dec 19, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
It’s almost starting to feel like he has mutant powers.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
They recalled Alexander Wennberg and Cody Goloubef.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
Is under going an MRI today.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
“As a family, we are thrilled that Dad’s quality of life has greatly improved, and his progress has exceeded our greatest expectations.”
Dec 19, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
Bring on the trade speculation.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
32-year-old has played in 56 career NHL contests.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
“Where’s the Tylenol?”
Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
Off to the Marlies he goes.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Jeff Schultz has been called up from AHL Manchester.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
“This is a great honor and opportunity for Mirco to represent his country,”
Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
That said, might he make sense for the Bruins?
Dec 19, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist’s No. 2 returns for another year.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
Montreal’s leading scorer was hit hard by Anaheim’s Clayton Stoner.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The Wild are getting frustrated.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:24 PM EST
Initial reports don’t sound good.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Appeared in just two games this season before re-aggravating an existing issue.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
The Caps’ struggles with depth down the middle are well documented…
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 6
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2