Aug 4, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray now has someone to work alongside him.
The Sabres announced they’ve hired Mark Jakubowski as the assistant general manager. He has been with the Sabres already for 10 years, six of those as the assistant to the general manager under former GM Darcy Regier. This makes for a solid promotion.
The hiring is a bit curious as Kevin Devine was already the assistant GM, but according to reports he’s still working with the organization and is still listed as assistant GM on the team’s website.
Having more than one assistant GM isn’t necessarily a big deal — take a look at the Pittsburgh Penguins who have three assistant GMs and a President of Hockey Operations to go along with GM Jim Rutherford.
The Sabres also announced they’ve hired Rob Murphy and Greg Royce as the director of scouting and director of amateur scouting respectively. They worked alongside Murray with the Ottawa Senators.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)