Aug 4, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
When it comes to premier centers in the NHL the two names you’ll hear come up the most are Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews. Crosby is the dynamic scorer and set-up man and Toews provides his own offensive punch and has Selke Trophy defensive skills to go along with it.
So if you were starting a team, who would you want to be your choice? That was a question raised by ESPN Insider’s Craig Custance (subscription) to a group of NHL executives, coaches and players and their top pick was Toews.
As our friends at CSNChicago.com took care to note, having him come out ahead of Crosby was somewhat of a bragging point for Toews fans. For what it’s worth, Toews said he’s honored to be even mentioned in the same breath as Crosby.
So PHT readers… Who ya got: Captain Serious or Sid The Kid?
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)