Aug 4, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
When it comes to premier centers in the NHL the two names you’ll hear come up the most are Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews. Crosby is the dynamic scorer and set-up man and Toews provides his own offensive punch and has Selke Trophy defensive skills to go along with it.
So if you were starting a team, who would you want to be your choice? That was a question raised by ESPN Insider’s Craig Custance (subscription) to a group of NHL executives, coaches and players and their top pick was Toews.
As our friends at CSNChicago.com took care to note, having him come out ahead of Crosby was somewhat of a bragging point for Toews fans. For what it’s worth, Toews said he’s honored to be even mentioned in the same breath as Crosby.
So PHT readers… Who ya got: Captain Serious or Sid The Kid?
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 55
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)