Aug 4, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
When it comes to premier centers in the NHL the two names you’ll hear come up the most are Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews. Crosby is the dynamic scorer and set-up man and Toews provides his own offensive punch and has Selke Trophy defensive skills to go along with it.
So if you were starting a team, who would you want to be your choice? That was a question raised by ESPN Insider’s Craig Custance (subscription) to a group of NHL executives, coaches and players and their top pick was Toews.
As our friends at CSNChicago.com took care to note, having him come out ahead of Crosby was somewhat of a bragging point for Toews fans. For what it’s worth, Toews said he’s honored to be even mentioned in the same breath as Crosby.
So PHT readers… Who ya got: Captain Serious or Sid The Kid?
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 55
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)