Aug 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
It’ll be a Pyatt family reunion in Geneve-Servette next season.
Tom, 27, was originally a fourth-round pick of the Rangers in 2005, but never played for the Blueshirts as he was dealt to Montreal in the Scott Gomez-Ryan McDonagh trade. After appearing in over 100 games with Montreal, including all 18 during the team’s run to the ’10 Eastern Conference final, the younger Pyatt signed as a free agent in Tampa Bay and had a solid first year with the Lightning, scoring a career-high 12 goals during the ’11-12 campaign.
Last year, though, Pyatt struggled with injury — missing 33 games with a broken collarbone — and was passed on the depth chart. The Bolts then added further depth up front this offseason in the form of Brian Boyle and Brenden Morrow, all but squeezing Pyatt out of the picture.
It’s worth noting that his brother won’t be the only familiar face in Switzerland next season. Pyatt’s former teammate in Montreal, Matt D’Agostini, has also signed on to play for Geneve-Servette.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)