Aug 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
It’ll be a Pyatt family reunion in Geneve-Servette next season.
Tom, 27, was originally a fourth-round pick of the Rangers in 2005, but never played for the Blueshirts as he was dealt to Montreal in the Scott Gomez-Ryan McDonagh trade. After appearing in over 100 games with Montreal, including all 18 during the team’s run to the ’10 Eastern Conference final, the younger Pyatt signed as a free agent in Tampa Bay and had a solid first year with the Lightning, scoring a career-high 12 goals during the ’11-12 campaign.
Last year, though, Pyatt struggled with injury — missing 33 games with a broken collarbone — and was passed on the depth chart. The Bolts then added further depth up front this offseason in the form of Brian Boyle and Brenden Morrow, all but squeezing Pyatt out of the picture.
It’s worth noting that his brother won’t be the only familiar face in Switzerland next season. Pyatt’s former teammate in Montreal, Matt D’Agostini, has also signed on to play for Geneve-Servette.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)