Aug 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
It’ll be a Pyatt family reunion in Geneve-Servette next season.
Tom, 27, was originally a fourth-round pick of the Rangers in 2005, but never played for the Blueshirts as he was dealt to Montreal in the Scott Gomez-Ryan McDonagh trade. After appearing in over 100 games with Montreal, including all 18 during the team’s run to the ’10 Eastern Conference final, the younger Pyatt signed as a free agent in Tampa Bay and had a solid first year with the Lightning, scoring a career-high 12 goals during the ’11-12 campaign.
Last year, though, Pyatt struggled with injury — missing 33 games with a broken collarbone — and was passed on the depth chart. The Bolts then added further depth up front this offseason in the form of Brian Boyle and Brenden Morrow, all but squeezing Pyatt out of the picture.
It’s worth noting that his brother won’t be the only familiar face in Switzerland next season. Pyatt’s former teammate in Montreal, Matt D’Agostini, has also signed on to play for Geneve-Servette.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)