Aug 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
It’ll be a Pyatt family reunion in Geneve-Servette next season.
Tom, 27, was originally a fourth-round pick of the Rangers in 2005, but never played for the Blueshirts as he was dealt to Montreal in the Scott Gomez-Ryan McDonagh trade. After appearing in over 100 games with Montreal, including all 18 during the team’s run to the ’10 Eastern Conference final, the younger Pyatt signed as a free agent in Tampa Bay and had a solid first year with the Lightning, scoring a career-high 12 goals during the ’11-12 campaign.
Last year, though, Pyatt struggled with injury — missing 33 games with a broken collarbone — and was passed on the depth chart. The Bolts then added further depth up front this offseason in the form of Brian Boyle and Brenden Morrow, all but squeezing Pyatt out of the picture.
It’s worth noting that his brother won’t be the only familiar face in Switzerland next season. Pyatt’s former teammate in Montreal, Matt D’Agostini, has also signed on to play for Geneve-Servette.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)