Aug 4, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
It’ll be a Pyatt family reunion in Geneve-Servette next season.
Tom, 27, was originally a fourth-round pick of the Rangers in 2005, but never played for the Blueshirts as he was dealt to Montreal in the Scott Gomez-Ryan McDonagh trade. After appearing in over 100 games with Montreal, including all 18 during the team’s run to the ’10 Eastern Conference final, the younger Pyatt signed as a free agent in Tampa Bay and had a solid first year with the Lightning, scoring a career-high 12 goals during the ’11-12 campaign.
Last year, though, Pyatt struggled with injury — missing 33 games with a broken collarbone — and was passed on the depth chart. The Bolts then added further depth up front this offseason in the form of Brian Boyle and Brenden Morrow, all but squeezing Pyatt out of the picture.
It’s worth noting that his brother won’t be the only familiar face in Switzerland next season. Pyatt’s former teammate in Montreal, Matt D’Agostini, has also signed on to play for Geneve-Servette.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)