Aug 3, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
While Saturday was a lucrative day for Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop, what with the two-year, $11.9 million extension and all, it was also a day for him to update how he’s doing after undergoing wrist surgery in April.
“I have most of my range of motion back, but now it’s just getting that strength back,” Bishop said. “But there is still some rehab left. The elbow feels good and I’m just excited to try it out. … I’m really excited for training camp.”
Bishop being unable to backstop the Lightning in the playoffs hurt them immensely as they were swept in the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. After a Vezina Trophy finalist-worthy season, he was vital to their success.
Now that he’s got nearly 12 million new reasons to keep it going, as well as the desire to not be a one-hit wonder, the pressure is on to bounce back big.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)