Aug 3, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
While Saturday was a lucrative day for Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop, what with the two-year, $11.9 million extension and all, it was also a day for him to update how he’s doing after undergoing wrist surgery in April.
“I have most of my range of motion back, but now it’s just getting that strength back,” Bishop said. “But there is still some rehab left. The elbow feels good and I’m just excited to try it out. … I’m really excited for training camp.”
Bishop being unable to backstop the Lightning in the playoffs hurt them immensely as they were swept in the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. After a Vezina Trophy finalist-worthy season, he was vital to their success.
Now that he’s got nearly 12 million new reasons to keep it going, as well as the desire to not be a one-hit wonder, the pressure is on to bounce back big.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)