Aug 3, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
While Saturday was a lucrative day for Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop, what with the two-year, $11.9 million extension and all, it was also a day for him to update how he’s doing after undergoing wrist surgery in April.
“I have most of my range of motion back, but now it’s just getting that strength back,” Bishop said. “But there is still some rehab left. The elbow feels good and I’m just excited to try it out. … I’m really excited for training camp.”
Bishop being unable to backstop the Lightning in the playoffs hurt them immensely as they were swept in the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. After a Vezina Trophy finalist-worthy season, he was vital to their success.
Now that he’s got nearly 12 million new reasons to keep it going, as well as the desire to not be a one-hit wonder, the pressure is on to bounce back big.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)