Aug 3, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
While Saturday was a lucrative day for Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop, what with the two-year, $11.9 million extension and all, it was also a day for him to update how he’s doing after undergoing wrist surgery in April.
“I have most of my range of motion back, but now it’s just getting that strength back,” Bishop said. “But there is still some rehab left. The elbow feels good and I’m just excited to try it out. … I’m really excited for training camp.”
Bishop being unable to backstop the Lightning in the playoffs hurt them immensely as they were swept in the first round by the Montreal Canadiens. After a Vezina Trophy finalist-worthy season, he was vital to their success.
Now that he’s got nearly 12 million new reasons to keep it going, as well as the desire to not be a one-hit wonder, the pressure is on to bounce back big.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)