Aug 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
We’re into August now, so naturally most of the unrestricted free agents that will get contracts this summer have already been signed. There are still players out there looking for work though, including former Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette.
That might change soon though as the Washington Capitals and four to five other teams are interested in him, according to Bissonnette’s agent, Mark Guy, per the Washington Post.
Bissonnette was something of a fan favorite with the Coyotes and is one of the most popular NHL players on Twitter. At the same time, the Coyotes used Bissonnette sparingly during his tenure and now that he’s a free agent, he’s hoping to find a team that might have him play regularly.
“He wants to be in a position where he can compete for a solid fourth-line position and be a great team guy,” Guy said. “He wants to be in an organization where there’s a chance to win, as most guys do, and looking forward to showing how hard he’s worked to improve his skill level and skating over the last couple years.”
The 29-year-old forward is never going to be a major scoring threat, but he wants to be seen as more than just a fighter. He’s already started to move in that direction as he only dropped the gloves three times last season.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 13
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)