Aug 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
We’re into August now, so naturally most of the unrestricted free agents that will get contracts this summer have already been signed. There are still players out there looking for work though, including former Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette.
That might change soon though as the Washington Capitals and four to five other teams are interested in him, according to Bissonnette’s agent, Mark Guy, per the Washington Post.
Bissonnette was something of a fan favorite with the Coyotes and is one of the most popular NHL players on Twitter. At the same time, the Coyotes used Bissonnette sparingly during his tenure and now that he’s a free agent, he’s hoping to find a team that might have him play regularly.
“He wants to be in a position where he can compete for a solid fourth-line position and be a great team guy,” Guy said. “He wants to be in an organization where there’s a chance to win, as most guys do, and looking forward to showing how hard he’s worked to improve his skill level and skating over the last couple years.”
The 29-year-old forward is never going to be a major scoring threat, but he wants to be seen as more than just a fighter. He’s already started to move in that direction as he only dropped the gloves three times last season.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 38
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (165)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)