Aug 2, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
We’re into August now, so naturally most of the unrestricted free agents that will get contracts this summer have already been signed. There are still players out there looking for work though, including former Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette.
That might change soon though as the Washington Capitals and four to five other teams are interested in him, according to Bissonnette’s agent, Mark Guy, per the Washington Post.
Bissonnette was something of a fan favorite with the Coyotes and is one of the most popular NHL players on Twitter. At the same time, the Coyotes used Bissonnette sparingly during his tenure and now that he’s a free agent, he’s hoping to find a team that might have him play regularly.
“He wants to be in a position where he can compete for a solid fourth-line position and be a great team guy,” Guy said. “He wants to be in an organization where there’s a chance to win, as most guys do, and looking forward to showing how hard he’s worked to improve his skill level and skating over the last couple years.”
The 29-year-old forward is never going to be a major scoring threat, but he wants to be seen as more than just a fighter. He’s already started to move in that direction as he only dropped the gloves three times last season.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (81)