Aug 2, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
It looks like grinding forward Adam Hall will ply his trade in Switzerland next season, as he signed a deal with HC Ambrì-Piotta, according to Swiss Hockey News.ch.
Hall, 33, spend the 2013-14 season (and part of 2012-13) with the Philadelphia Flyers. He averaged a career-low 9:50 minutes per game while scoring nine points in 80 games with Philly. He spent four seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning and four with the Nashville Predators while bouncing around quite a bit lately.
Judging by his stats, it isn’t shocking that the market was pretty tepid for the veteran player. He did proficient in the faceoff circle, however, winning 59.6 percent (314-213) of his draws in 2013-14.
At his age, there’s a solid chance he might be back again in the NHL in a depth role, but it seems likely that he’ll earn the “journeyman” label as his career goes on.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)