Aug 2, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
It looks like grinding forward Adam Hall will ply his trade in Switzerland next season, as he signed a deal with HC Ambrì-Piotta, according to Swiss Hockey News.ch.
Hall, 33, spend the 2013-14 season (and part of 2012-13) with the Philadelphia Flyers. He averaged a career-low 9:50 minutes per game while scoring nine points in 80 games with Philly. He spent four seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning and four with the Nashville Predators while bouncing around quite a bit lately.
Judging by his stats, it isn’t shocking that the market was pretty tepid for the veteran player. He did proficient in the faceoff circle, however, winning 59.6 percent (314-213) of his draws in 2013-14.
At his age, there’s a solid chance he might be back again in the NHL in a depth role, but it seems likely that he’ll earn the “journeyman” label as his career goes on.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)