Jul 31, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
That’s a modest cap hit of just $2.225 million for Lehner, a 23-year-old who went 12-15-6 with a .913 save percentage last season — his first season in the NHL with a significant number of starts (30) — for the Sens.
Lehner’s career save percentage in the NHL is an impressive .918, albeit in only 61 appearances.
Ottawa still has 33-year-old veteran Craig Anderson under contract for one more season, after which he can become an unrestricted free agent.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5