Jul 31, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
That’s a modest cap hit of just $2.225 million for Lehner, a 23-year-old who went 12-15-6 with a .913 save percentage last season — his first season in the NHL with a significant number of starts (30) — for the Sens.
Lehner’s career save percentage in the NHL is an impressive .918, albeit in only 61 appearances.
Ottawa still has 33-year-old veteran Craig Anderson under contract for one more season, after which he can become an unrestricted free agent.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10