Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
From Joey Alfieri of TSN 690 radio in Montreal:
The kicker here is that Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins organization. The 20-year-old goalie was drafted by the B’s in 2012.
And if you haven’t heard, the Bruins and Canadiens have a bit of a rivalry, with P.K. Subban being a major figure of that rivalry in the present day.
Now, it should be noted that Malcolm Subban only said he was “cheering for P.K.” He didn’t, we don’t think, say he was screaming “Go Habs Go!” and singing “Olé, Olé, Olé” at the top of his voice.
Besides, Subban grew up in Toronto. He’s probably a Leafs fan, like his mom.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)