Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
From Joey Alfieri of TSN 690 radio in Montreal:
The kicker here is that Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins organization. The 20-year-old goalie was drafted by the B’s in 2012.
And if you haven’t heard, the Bruins and Canadiens have a bit of a rivalry, with P.K. Subban being a major figure of that rivalry in the present day.
Now, it should be noted that Malcolm Subban only said he was “cheering for P.K.” He didn’t, we don’t think, say he was screaming “Go Habs Go!” and singing “Olé, Olé, Olé” at the top of his voice.
Besides, Subban grew up in Toronto. He’s probably a Leafs fan, like his mom.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)