Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
From Joey Alfieri of TSN 690 radio in Montreal:
The kicker here is that Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins organization. The 20-year-old goalie was drafted by the B’s in 2012.
And if you haven’t heard, the Bruins and Canadiens have a bit of a rivalry, with P.K. Subban being a major figure of that rivalry in the present day.
Now, it should be noted that Malcolm Subban only said he was “cheering for P.K.” He didn’t, we don’t think, say he was screaming “Go Habs Go!” and singing “Olé, Olé, Olé” at the top of his voice.
Besides, Subban grew up in Toronto. He’s probably a Leafs fan, like his mom.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)