Jul 31, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
From Joey Alfieri of TSN 690 radio in Montreal:
The kicker here is that Malcolm Subban is a member of the Boston Bruins organization. The 20-year-old goalie was drafted by the B’s in 2012.
And if you haven’t heard, the Bruins and Canadiens have a bit of a rivalry, with P.K. Subban being a major figure of that rivalry in the present day.
Now, it should be noted that Malcolm Subban only said he was “cheering for P.K.” He didn’t, we don’t think, say he was screaming “Go Habs Go!” and singing “Olé, Olé, Olé” at the top of his voice.
Besides, Subban grew up in Toronto. He’s probably a Leafs fan, like his mom.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)