Jul 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Eric Lindros, John LeClair and Eric Desjardins are going into the Philadelphia Flyers Hall of Fame, the club announced today.
Said Flyers Chairman Ed Snider in a release: “All three players helped define our team in the 90s and early 2000s that went to a combined four Eastern Conference Finals and a trip to the Stanley Cup Final in 1997. This honor is well deserved.”
“I am honored to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame, a hall full of diversity,” said Lindros. “What made this news even more special is to hear that I will be entering alongside John who I had the good fortune of playing with for most of my time in Philly. I look forward to seeing old friends and to be back in the Wells Fargo Center alongside the Flyer Faithful.”
“I’m very excited and very honored,” said LeClair. “The time I spent in Philadelphia was just terrific, and the experiences I had playing in the city and with the fans were some of the most exciting moments.”
“This means a lot to me,” said Desjardins. “After spending so many years with the Flyers and now being retired for almost nine years now, it’s a great feeling. It is something you don’t think about when you are playing but once you’re retired and an honor like this happens, it is very special.”
Lindros and LeClair will be inducted together on Thursday, Nov. 20, prior to a game against Minnesota; Desjardins’ ceremony will be Thursday, Feb. 19, before a game against the Sabres.
Lindros has had a strained relationship with the Flyers, as we outlined here. But it seems the relationship has been resurrected.
Flyers Hall of Fame
1988 – Bob Clarke and Bernie Parent
1989 – Bill Barber, Ed Snider and Keith Allen
1990 – Rick MacLeish and Fred Shero
1991 – Barry Ashbee and Gary Dornhoefer
1992 – Reggie Leach and Gene Hart
1993 – Joe Scott and Ed Van Impe
1994 – Tim Kerr
1996 – Joe Watson
1999 – Brian Propp
2001 – Mark Howe
2004 – Dave Poulin
2008 – Ron Hextall
2009 – Dave Schultz
2014 – Eric Lindros and John LeClair
2015 – Eric Desjardins
Feb 28, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Was acquired Thursday from Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Ottawa’s GM confirms he had talks with Toronto.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
New York has won four straight overall coming in.
Feb 28, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
L.A. played the night before.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
Lost to Carolina on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
He was traded from Philadelphia to Chicago on Friday.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Meanwhile, Calgary’s playoff hopes take another hit.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Important win for Boston.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
Feb 27, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Should be interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
Another day, another trade.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis recently opened up about his condition.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
The Habs host the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
That’s according to multiple reports.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
Trade deadline is Monday, by the way.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was aiming to play Saturday versus the Rangers.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
GM Doug Wilson has some decisions to make…
Feb 27, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
So says NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
Some recommended reading to pass along.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Incident occurred during last night’s San Jose-Detroit game.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)