Jul 31, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Eric Lindros, John LeClair and Eric Desjardins are going into the Philadelphia Flyers Hall of Fame, the club announced today.
Said Flyers Chairman Ed Snider in a release: “All three players helped define our team in the 90s and early 2000s that went to a combined four Eastern Conference Finals and a trip to the Stanley Cup Final in 1997. This honor is well deserved.”
“I am honored to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame, a hall full of diversity,” said Lindros. “What made this news even more special is to hear that I will be entering alongside John who I had the good fortune of playing with for most of my time in Philly. I look forward to seeing old friends and to be back in the Wells Fargo Center alongside the Flyer Faithful.”
“I’m very excited and very honored,” said LeClair. “The time I spent in Philadelphia was just terrific, and the experiences I had playing in the city and with the fans were some of the most exciting moments.”
“This means a lot to me,” said Desjardins. “After spending so many years with the Flyers and now being retired for almost nine years now, it’s a great feeling. It is something you don’t think about when you are playing but once you’re retired and an honor like this happens, it is very special.”
Lindros and LeClair will be inducted together on Thursday, Nov. 20, prior to a game against Minnesota; Desjardins’ ceremony will be Thursday, Feb. 19, before a game against the Sabres.
Lindros has had a strained relationship with the Flyers, as we outlined here. But it seems the relationship has been resurrected.
Flyers Hall of Fame
1988 – Bob Clarke and Bernie Parent
1989 – Bill Barber, Ed Snider and Keith Allen
1990 – Rick MacLeish and Fred Shero
1991 – Barry Ashbee and Gary Dornhoefer
1992 – Reggie Leach and Gene Hart
1993 – Joe Scott and Ed Van Impe
1994 – Tim Kerr
1996 – Joe Watson
1999 – Brian Propp
2001 – Mark Howe
2004 – Dave Poulin
2008 – Ron Hextall
2009 – Dave Schultz
2014 – Eric Lindros and John LeClair
2015 – Eric Desjardins
Oct 26, 2014, 12:54 AM EDT
Jumping around a busy Saturday night.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Was it a dirty hit?
Oct 25, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Patric Hornqvist didn’t star, but grabbed an assist.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Seems like a broken record, right?
Oct 25, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Maybe the headline should read goaltending optional instead?
Oct 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Dougie Hamilton’s had a strong night.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Challenging night for Tampa Bay.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:38 PM EDT
Things didn’t look particularly “right” on Saturday.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
Oct 25, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
Habs face Chris Kreider, David Backes vs. Brent Seabrook on Saturday.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT
Yikes on so many levels.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:26 PM EDT
Patric Hornqvist plays in Nashville as a visitor for the first time.
Oct 25, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
The 21-year-old was recalled Friday.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The rookie defensmen were recalled Friday.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A rematch of last spring’s playoff series.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Suffered a skate cut to his right eyelid Friday night.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Antti Raanta and Brian Elliott go head-to-head as the Blackhawks and Blues battle in St. Louis.
Oct 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The coach was quick to call home following Wednesday’s practice.
Oct 25, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The Habs’ starter was injured in Game 1 of last spring’s Eastern Conference final against New York.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)