Jul 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
During the 2014 Phoenix House Champs for Change dinner in Halifax, Marchand was asked by AHL President Dave Andrews during a panel discussion which NHL player irritates him the most. Surely it’s a long list with an agitator like Marchand, but there wasn’t much hesitation in his answer.
“There are a few guys out there that really irritate,” said Marchand, who it should be noted has authored his own adventures in embellishment over the years. “Tomas Plekanec from Montreal…I hate him. I can’t stand him. No, I probably shouldn’t say that. I dislike him very much.
“Now somebody is going to call and get mad at me tomorrow.”
Here’s video of Marchand’s comments:
It’s unclear exactly what Plekanec did to draw Marchand’s ire. While the Boston-Montreal rivalry is heated and runs deep, there doesn’t seem to be any one particular incident between the two.
That said, there was this:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)