Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Minor signing to pass along — the Winnipeg Jets have come to terms with forward Matt Halischuk on a one-year, two-way contract that’s worth $725,000 in the NHL.
From the club’s press release:
Halischuk, 26, played in 46 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season recording 10 points (5G, 5A) and six penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native has played in 203 games for New Jersey, Nashville, and Winnipeg collecting 64 points (30G, 34A) and 47 penalty minutes. He’s also played in 118 career AHL games with the Lowell Devils and Milwaukee Admirals recording 77 points (38G, 39A) and 24 penalty minutes.
The majority of Halischuk’s NHL career to date was spent in Nashville. The Jets signed him to a one-year, two-way deal last summer.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15