Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Minor signing to pass along — the Winnipeg Jets have come to terms with forward Matt Halischuk on a one-year, two-way contract that’s worth $725,000 in the NHL.
From the club’s press release:
Halischuk, 26, played in 46 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season recording 10 points (5G, 5A) and six penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native has played in 203 games for New Jersey, Nashville, and Winnipeg collecting 64 points (30G, 34A) and 47 penalty minutes. He’s also played in 118 career AHL games with the Lowell Devils and Milwaukee Admirals recording 77 points (38G, 39A) and 24 penalty minutes.
The majority of Halischuk’s NHL career to date was spent in Nashville. The Jets signed him to a one-year, two-way deal last summer.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)