Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EDT
Minor signing to pass along — the Winnipeg Jets have come to terms with forward Matt Halischuk on a one-year, two-way contract that’s worth $725,000 in the NHL.
From the club’s press release:
Halischuk, 26, played in 46 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season recording 10 points (5G, 5A) and six penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native has played in 203 games for New Jersey, Nashville, and Winnipeg collecting 64 points (30G, 34A) and 47 penalty minutes. He’s also played in 118 career AHL games with the Lowell Devils and Milwaukee Admirals recording 77 points (38G, 39A) and 24 penalty minutes.
The majority of Halischuk’s NHL career to date was spent in Nashville. The Jets signed him to a one-year, two-way deal last summer.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)