Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Minor signing to pass along — the Winnipeg Jets have come to terms with forward Matt Halischuk on a one-year, two-way contract that’s worth $725,000 in the NHL.
From the club’s press release:
Halischuk, 26, played in 46 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season recording 10 points (5G, 5A) and six penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native has played in 203 games for New Jersey, Nashville, and Winnipeg collecting 64 points (30G, 34A) and 47 penalty minutes. He’s also played in 118 career AHL games with the Lowell Devils and Milwaukee Admirals recording 77 points (38G, 39A) and 24 penalty minutes.
The majority of Halischuk’s NHL career to date was spent in Nashville. The Jets signed him to a one-year, two-way deal last summer.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)