Jul 30, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Minor signing to pass along — the Winnipeg Jets have come to terms with forward Matt Halischuk on a one-year, two-way contract that’s worth $725,000 in the NHL.
From the club’s press release:
Halischuk, 26, played in 46 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season recording 10 points (5G, 5A) and six penalty minutes. The Toronto, ON native has played in 203 games for New Jersey, Nashville, and Winnipeg collecting 64 points (30G, 34A) and 47 penalty minutes. He’s also played in 118 career AHL games with the Lowell Devils and Milwaukee Admirals recording 77 points (38G, 39A) and 24 penalty minutes.
The majority of Halischuk’s NHL career to date was spent in Nashville. The Jets signed him to a one-year, two-way deal last summer.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)