Jul 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
From the Carolina Hurricanes:
Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that center Eric Staal underwent surgery to repair a core muscle injury suffered during off-season training. The procedure was performed by Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia.
“Eric notified us of the injury late last week, and flew to Raleigh and then Philadelphia to be evaluated,” said Francis. “By having this procedure now, Dr. Meyers believes Eric will be able to return to action for training camp and be at full health for the start of the regular season.”
No word on how or when, exactly, Staal suffered the injury. The 29-year-old was apparently able to golf as recently as mid-July.
Staal is in need of a bounce-back season after a disappointing 2013-14 saw him score just 21 goals in 79 games, i.e. not the production the ‘Canes expected for a salary of $9.25 million.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
After racking up 78 points in 69 games.
Apr 17, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
He’s no Eric Lindros.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Montreal could be without two of its better offensive forwards.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
“We just didn’t get the bounces tonight. “
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38