Jul 29, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
From the Carolina Hurricanes:
Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that center Eric Staal underwent surgery to repair a core muscle injury suffered during off-season training. The procedure was performed by Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia.
“Eric notified us of the injury late last week, and flew to Raleigh and then Philadelphia to be evaluated,” said Francis. “By having this procedure now, Dr. Meyers believes Eric will be able to return to action for training camp and be at full health for the start of the regular season.”
No word on how or when, exactly, Staal suffered the injury. The 29-year-old was apparently able to golf as recently as mid-July.
Staal is in need of a bounce-back season after a disappointing 2013-14 saw him score just 21 goals in 79 games, i.e. not the production the ‘Canes expected for a salary of $9.25 million.
Aug 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT(Edit)
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT(Edit)
The squads will feature players that were part of either organization from 1996-2002
Aug 3, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT(Edit)
He’ll be fighting to be seen as the team’s third-string goaltender.
Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT(Edit)
He’ll have a tough time maintaining a top-six role though.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT(Edit)
It’s another arbitration win for Ottawa.
Aug 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT(Edit)
The league estimates such a process could cost about $13.5 million.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT(Edit)
Ron DeGregorio rounded out the group.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT(Edit)
Monday’s collection of links.
Aug 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT(Edit)
Is his poor Game 7 record reflective of anything?
Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT(Edit)
In other words, how much longer will Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler stay at the top of their game?
Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT(Edit)
His newly signed two-year deal is an opportunity for
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)