Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
P.K. Subban still hasn’t re-signed with the Montreal Canadiens and while he wasn’t eager to discuss how contract talks were going on Saturday, he wants to be a Hab for a long time.
As NHL.com shared, Subban appeared on a Toronto morning TV show last week and discussed his thoughts on playing in Montreal and what he eventually wants to become of his time there.
“Obviously I remain adamant on remaining in Montreal and being a Montreal Canadien, and not just for a long time but hopefully for the rest of my career, and be a lifer there,” Subban told Breakfast Television in Toronto. “I really enjoy playing there.”
We understand it’s sexier to think about what it might be like if Subban’s negotiations go wrong and he becomes the hottest commodity on the market in a long time. That said, it’s almost crazy to think both sides won’t get a lucrative long-term deal worked out before they’re due in court for arbitration on Friday.
Subban has won a Norris Trophy already and at 25 years old, he’s about to enter his prime. That means there’s more successes to be had and even more excitement down the road for a player who has quickly become the face of the Canadiens franchise. If he doesn’t become a Hab for life, that would be the most shocking turn of events.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)