Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
P.K. Subban still hasn’t re-signed with the Montreal Canadiens and while he wasn’t eager to discuss how contract talks were going on Saturday, he wants to be a Hab for a long time.
As NHL.com shared, Subban appeared on a Toronto morning TV show last week and discussed his thoughts on playing in Montreal and what he eventually wants to become of his time there.
“Obviously I remain adamant on remaining in Montreal and being a Montreal Canadien, and not just for a long time but hopefully for the rest of my career, and be a lifer there,” Subban told Breakfast Television in Toronto. “I really enjoy playing there.”
We understand it’s sexier to think about what it might be like if Subban’s negotiations go wrong and he becomes the hottest commodity on the market in a long time. That said, it’s almost crazy to think both sides won’t get a lucrative long-term deal worked out before they’re due in court for arbitration on Friday.
Subban has won a Norris Trophy already and at 25 years old, he’s about to enter his prime. That means there’s more successes to be had and even more excitement down the road for a player who has quickly become the face of the Canadiens franchise. If he doesn’t become a Hab for life, that would be the most shocking turn of events.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)