Jul 27, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres are done taking care of internal business with their roster.
The Sabres announced they’ve re-signed forward Luke Adam to a one-year two-way deal. Last season, Adam split time between Buffalo and Rochester in the AHL and had far more success with the Americans. He was the final restricted free agent left to be signed by the team.
In 12 games with the Sabres, Adam had one goal but in 59 AHL games he piled up 29 goals and 49 points. He’ll be in a battle during training camp to crack the Sabres roster in September as it would appear the team has their top three lines in order.
In the past, Adam has struggled to put up the same kind of numbers he did in the minors at the NHL level. In 87 career NHL games he has 15 goals and 26 points. The team will need leaders in Rochester, but if Adam wants to be part of the Sabres he’ll have to improve his consistency.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)