Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
If Cory Sarich’s Twitter updates are any indication, it seems like things have been looking up lately after what sounds like a scary accident from Tuesday.
Sarich appeared overwhelmingly positive about his situation on Friday, stating that he doesn’t believe he’ll need a brace or surgery. He also said that he thinks he’ll be able to leave the Calgary-area hospital he was staying at, although there’s been no confirmation either way:
Not surprisingly, there still hasn’t been an update regarding when or if the 35-year-old defenseman might be able to play in the NHL again. He’s currently an unrestricted free agent after playing for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-14 season.
For more on the accident, click here.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)