Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
If Cory Sarich’s Twitter updates are any indication, it seems like things have been looking up lately after what sounds like a scary accident from Tuesday.
Sarich appeared overwhelmingly positive about his situation on Friday, stating that he doesn’t believe he’ll need a brace or surgery. He also said that he thinks he’ll be able to leave the Calgary-area hospital he was staying at, although there’s been no confirmation either way:
Not surprisingly, there still hasn’t been an update regarding when or if the 35-year-old defenseman might be able to play in the NHL again. He’s currently an unrestricted free agent after playing for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-14 season.
For more on the accident, click here.
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)