Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
If Cory Sarich’s Twitter updates are any indication, it seems like things have been looking up lately after what sounds like a scary accident from Tuesday.
Sarich appeared overwhelmingly positive about his situation on Friday, stating that he doesn’t believe he’ll need a brace or surgery. He also said that he thinks he’ll be able to leave the Calgary-area hospital he was staying at, although there’s been no confirmation either way:
Not surprisingly, there still hasn’t been an update regarding when or if the 35-year-old defenseman might be able to play in the NHL again. He’s currently an unrestricted free agent after playing for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-14 season.
For more on the accident, click here.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)