Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
If Cory Sarich’s Twitter updates are any indication, it seems like things have been looking up lately after what sounds like a scary accident from Tuesday.
Sarich appeared overwhelmingly positive about his situation on Friday, stating that he doesn’t believe he’ll need a brace or surgery. He also said that he thinks he’ll be able to leave the Calgary-area hospital he was staying at, although there’s been no confirmation either way:
Not surprisingly, there still hasn’t been an update regarding when or if the 35-year-old defenseman might be able to play in the NHL again. He’s currently an unrestricted free agent after playing for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-14 season.
For more on the accident, click here.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)