Jul 26, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
If Cory Sarich’s Twitter updates are any indication, it seems like things have been looking up lately after what sounds like a scary accident from Tuesday.
Sarich appeared overwhelmingly positive about his situation on Friday, stating that he doesn’t believe he’ll need a brace or surgery. He also said that he thinks he’ll be able to leave the Calgary-area hospital he was staying at, although there’s been no confirmation either way:
Not surprisingly, there still hasn’t been an update regarding when or if the 35-year-old defenseman might be able to play in the NHL again. He’s currently an unrestricted free agent after playing for the Colorado Avalanche during the 2013-14 season.
For more on the accident, click here.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)