Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s the signing you’ve all been waiting for this summer.
The Calgary Flames announced they’ve re-signed depth defenseman Mark Cundari to a one-year two-way deal. He appeared in four games for the Flames last season just as he did the season prior. In eight career games in the NHL, he has a goal and two assists.
Cundari, 24, was acquired from the St. Louis Blues on April 1, 2013 in the deal that sent Jay Bouwmeester out of Calgary. He’ll compete against Tyler Wotherspoon for a shot at the Flames opening day roster, but the 5-foot-9 200 pound blue liner is expected to spend most of next season in Glens Falls, NY with the Adirondack Flames.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12