Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s the signing you’ve all been waiting for this summer.
The Calgary Flames announced they’ve re-signed depth defenseman Mark Cundari to a one-year two-way deal. He appeared in four games for the Flames last season just as he did the season prior. In eight career games in the NHL, he has a goal and two assists.
Cundari, 24, was acquired from the St. Louis Blues on April 1, 2013 in the deal that sent Jay Bouwmeester out of Calgary. He’ll compete against Tyler Wotherspoon for a shot at the Flames opening day roster, but the 5-foot-9 200 pound blue liner is expected to spend most of next season in Glens Falls, NY with the Adirondack Flames.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 0
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 7
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)