Jul 26, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s the signing you’ve all been waiting for this summer.
The Calgary Flames announced they’ve re-signed depth defenseman Mark Cundari to a one-year two-way deal. He appeared in four games for the Flames last season just as he did the season prior. In eight career games in the NHL, he has a goal and two assists.
Cundari, 24, was acquired from the St. Louis Blues on April 1, 2013 in the deal that sent Jay Bouwmeester out of Calgary. He’ll compete against Tyler Wotherspoon for a shot at the Flames opening day roster, but the 5-foot-9 200 pound blue liner is expected to spend most of next season in Glens Falls, NY with the Adirondack Flames.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)