Jul 26, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
There are still a couple days for the New York Rangers and Derick Brassard to avoid a Monday salary arbitration hearing, but in the meantime, the two sides’ submissions are in. Brassard seeks $4.95 million while the Rangers request a $3.825 million mark, according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Back on July 17, word surfaced that Brassard wanted $5.5 million while former restricted free agent Mats Zuccarello asked for $4.5 million. Zuccarello already settled for $3.5 million and avoided arbitration, while it obviously at least looks like Brassard will receive at least a bit more money than the Rangers’ 2013-14 regular season scoring leader.
Brassard scored 18 goals and 45 points in 81 regular season games before collecting 12 points in 23 playoff contests last season. He’s likely to be counted on quite a bit more in 2014-15 after the team’s summer of turnover at the center position.
The former Columbus Blue Jackets first-rounder made it sound like it’s just a matter of time before he signs with the Rangers, as he discussed with the New York Daily News at Dominic Moore‘s “Smashfest” charity tournament (more on that soon):
“I tried to get away from the game a little bit, but now I’m back in the gym trying to get stronger and faster,” Brassard said on Thursday. “Just this week I was thinking about how excited I am about going back to New York and playing again.
“It’s great to see friends and spend time with family in the summer, but after the run we had, I just feel like I want to play again. I want to do this again.”
It sounds like the two sides will find a compromise, but we’ll need to wait and see.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Wild defeated the L.A. Kings 4-1.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Max Pacioretty scored the winner.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Toronto won for just the sixth time in 34 games.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Collided with Cody Goloubef in the first period.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
He allowed two goals on nine first period shots.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Finished off a nice passing play by Jagr and Huberdeau.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Ottawa’s starter tested early.
Mar 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Pens defenseman will remain in hospital overnight.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
He appeared in eight games with Columbus this season.
Mar 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’ll cost him $3,897.85.
Mar 28, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Detroit moves five points up on Boston in the Atlantic with the win.
Mar 28, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
Anaheim currently has the NHL’s best record as well.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:48 PM EDT
Big win for the B’s.
Mar 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The West’s first ticket gets punched.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
There’s plenty of debate about it being dirty or clean.
Mar 28, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
The only update so far is he’s “unlikely to return.”
Mar 28, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
A positive trend on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Pittsburgh killed the penalty.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Notes from a busy Saturday afternoon.
Mar 28, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Nashville’s in a great position to clinch a playoff spot.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)