Jul 25, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Just months after making his NHL debut, Landon Ferraro has reportedly re-upped with the Red Wings.
Per CapGeek, Ferraro has inked a one-year, two-way pact worth $550,000 at the NHL level. As mentioned, it comes just a short while after Ferraro made his big-league debut by appearing in four games for Detroit in late March, when he was recalled to replace the injured Justin Abdelkader.
The 32nd overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Ferraro — the son of longtime NHLer and current analyst Ray Ferraro — has enjoyed a decent level of success in the American League, most notably in 2012-13 when he scored 24 goals during the regular season and notched 16 points in 24 playoff games as Grand Rapids won the Calder Cup.
He’ll be in tough to crack the Detroit roster this season, though, as the club already has 13 forwards on NHL contracts and still needs to figure out what to do with RFA Tomas Tatar and veteran UFA Daniel Alfredsson.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)