Jul 25, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Simon Moser made the jump from Switzerland’s top league to North America last season and ended up scoring a goal and an assist in six games with the Nashville Predators. He might enjoy further stints with Nashville in 2014-15, but first he wants a raise.
“We are in talks with other clubs. A return to Nashville is only an option if the Predators are willing to increase the AHL salary,” said Moser’s agent, Georges Muller told the Predatorial.
Moser, who also had 26 points in 48 AHL last season, is coming off of a one-year, two-way contract that paid him $70,000 annually in the minors. That’s not an uncommon salary in the AHL, but it’s a potentially substantial pay cut compared to what he could earn in Switzerland.
A move back to Europe might be his only option if the Predators aren’t interested in giving him more money because his NHL options are limited due to him being a restricted free agent.
The 25-year-old forward had 21 points in 34 games in 2012-13 with Switzerland’s Langnau and was a member of the nation’s 2014 Olympic team.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)