Jul 25, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Simon Moser made the jump from Switzerland’s top league to North America last season and ended up scoring a goal and an assist in six games with the Nashville Predators. He might enjoy further stints with Nashville in 2014-15, but first he wants a raise.
“We are in talks with other clubs. A return to Nashville is only an option if the Predators are willing to increase the AHL salary,” said Moser’s agent, Georges Muller told the Predatorial.
Moser, who also had 26 points in 48 AHL last season, is coming off of a one-year, two-way contract that paid him $70,000 annually in the minors. That’s not an uncommon salary in the AHL, but it’s a potentially substantial pay cut compared to what he could earn in Switzerland.
A move back to Europe might be his only option if the Predators aren’t interested in giving him more money because his NHL options are limited due to him being a restricted free agent.
The 25-year-old forward had 21 points in 34 games in 2012-13 with Switzerland’s Langnau and was a member of the nation’s 2014 Olympic team.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 42
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)