Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Journeyman Martin St. Pierre is on his way back to Europe.
(The KHL, specifically.)
St. Pierre, who played his first NHL game in four years last season, has left the Montreal organization and signed with Croatian-based KHL club Medvescak Zagreb, the team announced on Friday.
St. Pierre, 30, spent almost all of last season with AHL Hamilton but did get a game with the Habs in November against St. Louis — marking the first time he’d participated in a NHL contest since suiting up for three with Ottawa during the 2009-10 campaign.
A former junior scoring star — he racked up 110 points with OHL Guelph in 2003-04 — St. Pierre has bounced around both North America and Europe over the last nine years, spending time with the Chicago, Boston, Ottawa, Columbus and Montreal organizations. He’s also spent time in the Finnish, Austrian and Russian leagues — his last stint in the KHL came in 2010-11, when he played a handful of games for Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)