Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year, $800,000 contract, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
Benoit played 79 games for Colorado last season, scoring seven goals with 21 assists while logging 20:13 of ice time per contest. The undrafted 30-year-old has skated in 120 NHL games with the Avalanche and Senators, plus a whole bunch more in the AHL and in Europe.
In Buffalo, Benoit will join newcomers Josh Gorges and Andrej Meszaros on a Sabres blue line that struggled both defensively and offensively last season, and also one that no longer has Christian Ehrhoff.
Expect Benoit to get time on the power play. In Colorado, he averaged 2:26 per game with the man advantage, scoring once with seven assists.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)