Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year, $800,000 contract, according to TSN’s Aaron Ward.
Benoit played 79 games for Colorado last season, scoring seven goals with 21 assists while logging 20:13 of ice time per contest. The undrafted 30-year-old has skated in 120 NHL games with the Avalanche and Senators, plus a whole bunch more in the AHL and in Europe.
In Buffalo, Benoit will join newcomers Josh Gorges and Andrej Meszaros on a Sabres blue line that struggled both defensively and offensively last season, and also one that no longer has Christian Ehrhoff.
Expect Benoit to get time on the power play. In Colorado, he averaged 2:26 per game with the man advantage, scoring once with seven assists.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2