Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
From the press release:
Vatanen, 23 (6/3/91), scored 6-15=21 points with a +9 rating and 22 PIM in 48 games with the Ducks last season. Among rookie NHL defensemen, Vatanen ranked tied for fifth in goals, fourth in points-per-game (.44) and sixth in plus/minus. On Oct. 10, 2013 vs. the New York Rangers, he set a franchise rookie record and tied the overall club record with a +5 rating in a 6-0 win. The 5-10, 183-pound defenseman made his Stanley Cup Playoff debut in 2014, picking up his first career postseason assist in five games.
The one-way deal is reportedly worth $1.25 million in the first year and $1.275 million in the second.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46