Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Before the San Jose Sharks did it in the 2014 playoffs, the last NHL team to blow a 3-0 series lead, the 2010 Boston Bruins, went on to win the Stanley Cup the following year.
Logan Couture is hoping the Sharks can do in 2015 what the B’s did in 2011.
“Obviously it was tough, the way we finished last year, but I’m really hoping this summer guys build off it and come back a lot stronger, a lot hungrier,” Couture told Sportsnet 590 The Fan today. “It’s probably the toughest loss I’ve been through… It was pretty devastating. It’s really stuck with me the whole summer.”
Couture also went to bat for Joe Thornton, saying the Sharks’ captain “doesn’t deserve the heat that he’s taken” in the wake of San Jose’s most recent, and most painful, postseason disappointment.
San Jose kicks off the 2014-15 regular season on Oct. 8 in Los Angeles, where the Kings — the team that fought back to eliminate the Sharks — will raise their second Stanley Cup banner in three years (on NBCSN).
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)