Jul 21, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
The Kevin Hayes saga with the Chicago Blackhawks trudges on, but from the team’s perspective they’ve done all they can do.
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman discussed the Boston College prospect’s situation with the team during the Blackhawks Convention during the weekend. As Brian Hedger at the Daily Herald shared,the ‘Hawks feel there’s nothing left to do but wait.
“We’re still waiting,” Bowman said. “Status quo from our end. We’ve been hopeful that they want to sign with us, and at this point (agent) Bob Murray might be in a better position on what they’re thinking, but we’re hopeful that he wants to be part of our organization.”
Hayes was taken 24th overall by Chicago in the 2010 NHL Draft and just completed his final year at Boston College. He has until August 15 to sign with Chicago or else he becomes a free agent. If being signed by the Blackhawks isn’t all that, apparently being able to sign where you want is.
Elliotte Friedman said in his final 30 Thoughts of the summer that Hayes may have his eye on signing with the Florida Panthers where his brother, Jimmy Hayes, is at. Pittsburgh may also be a possibility as that’s where his cousin, Tom Fitzgerald, is.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 13
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)