Jul 21, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Kevin Hayes saga with the Chicago Blackhawks trudges on, but from the team’s perspective they’ve done all they can do.
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman discussed the Boston College prospect’s situation with the team during the Blackhawks Convention during the weekend. As Brian Hedger at the Daily Herald shared,the ‘Hawks feel there’s nothing left to do but wait.
“We’re still waiting,” Bowman said. “Status quo from our end. We’ve been hopeful that they want to sign with us, and at this point (agent) Bob Murray might be in a better position on what they’re thinking, but we’re hopeful that he wants to be part of our organization.”
Hayes was taken 24th overall by Chicago in the 2010 NHL Draft and just completed his final year at Boston College. He has until August 15 to sign with Chicago or else he becomes a free agent. If being signed by the Blackhawks isn’t all that, apparently being able to sign where you want is.
Elliotte Friedman said in his final 30 Thoughts of the summer that Hayes may have his eye on signing with the Florida Panthers where his brother, Jimmy Hayes, is at. Pittsburgh may also be a possibility as that’s where his cousin, Tom Fitzgerald, is.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)