Jul 20, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are going to hope forward Antoine Roussel isn’t as much of an agitator in the court room as he is on the ice.
Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reports Roussel has asked for $2.35 million in arbitration and the Stars have countered with $1.15 million. The 24-year-old Frenchman is coming off a two-year contract that paid him $1.225 million.
Roussel was a revelation for the Stars last season scoring 14 goals with 29 points and functioning as an instant irritant for opponents around the league. The 209 penalty minutes he racked up last season showed he’s got a bit of the Pat Verbeek-Brad Marchand kind of thing going for him. He’s also not afraid of dropping the gloves, even in the playoffs.
As with all potential arbitration cases, things can be settled before they head to court. The $1.2 million difference between the two sides indicates there’s a bit of ground to make up, but makes for a good potential spot halfway between demands for arbitrator. Regardless, Roussel is getting a raise out of it. Question is: How much?
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 0
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)