Jul 20, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are going to hope forward Antoine Roussel isn’t as much of an agitator in the court room as he is on the ice.
Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reports Roussel has asked for $2.35 million in arbitration and the Stars have countered with $1.15 million. The 24-year-old Frenchman is coming off a two-year contract that paid him $1.225 million.
Roussel was a revelation for the Stars last season scoring 14 goals with 29 points and functioning as an instant irritant for opponents around the league. The 209 penalty minutes he racked up last season showed he’s got a bit of the Pat Verbeek-Brad Marchand kind of thing going for him. He’s also not afraid of dropping the gloves, even in the playoffs.
As with all potential arbitration cases, things can be settled before they head to court. The $1.2 million difference between the two sides indicates there’s a bit of ground to make up, but makes for a good potential spot halfway between demands for arbitrator. Regardless, Roussel is getting a raise out of it. Question is: How much?
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)