Jul 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
New York Rangers goalie Cam Talbot quietly earned himself some fans with his excellent backup work behind Henrik Lundqvist. Talbot presents another reason to like him – at least if you’re a fan of 80’s comedies – as he’s clearly a huge fan of “Ghostbusters.”
Mask artist Dave Gunnarsson (“Dave Art”) presents the latest (yes, it’s not the first) Talbot mask inspired by the iconic film:
As you can see, the mask features the Zuul Dog and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as well Sigourney Weaver and Bill Murray as their “Ghostbusters” counterparts on the mask. Here’s a better shot of the Murray side:
The best part of all of this might be the nickname that Talbot, 27, apparently concocted for himself after all of this mask talk. Can we all agree to call Talbot “GoalBuster” now? From Dave Art’s Facebook page:
So now it is here, the next chapter of Cam Talbot´s ghost hunting New York Rangers masks…. Every single mask of Talbot’s latest Ghostbusters masks has become such huge successes, so Cam now even has his new nickname; GoalBuster…. But be careful, this time Cam Talbot will be transformed into the Zuul dog when he puts this mask on…
Nice. We’ll see if any other goalie can top Talbot’s themed mask heading into next season.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Was 6-0-0 in his previous seven appearances entering tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:05 PM EST
It could happen at the World Cup though.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
“We would be thrilled to have them play at our venue.”
Jan 30, 2015, 4:24 PM EST
Ville Pokka is a fun name.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:57 PM EST
Spent last season in Buffalo.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:37 PM EST
Oklahoma City and Worcester do not.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:26 PM EST
Key Western Conference tilt tonight at Honda.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Not that that’s likely. Just…possible.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 30, 2015, 1:01 PM EST
Xavier Ouellet sticking around?
Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Pittsburgh d-man won’t play tonight against New Jersey.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
They play in Vancouver tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
Ducks and Rangers have been hot.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
Just one day after Artem Anisimov drew back into the lineup.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:21 AM EST
St. Louis’ forward depth about to be tested.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:06 AM EST
Rangers d-man has struggled to get games recently.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:33 AM EST
74-year-old was the first player to ever have his jersey retired by the organization.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Will he make his NHL debut?
Jan 30, 2015, 9:56 AM EST
There’s lots of interest in him, but teams that see him as a rental might balk at that price.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:02 AM EST
Both are out Friday.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12