Jul 20, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
While Crawford’s former goalie coach, Stephane Waite, is Jimmy’s brother, he’s not expecting the difference between the two to be drastic as Blake Schuster of the Chicago Tribune shared.
“I’ve heard that they sort of teach the same way, sort of the same philosophy,” Crawford said of the Waite brothers. “I think it will be an easy transition again and he’ll be someone who is going to be very easy to communicate with and we can exchange ideas.”
Crawford’s numbers dipped a little bit last season from where they were during the Blackhawks’ run to the Stanley Cup in 2013. His save percentage dropped from .926 in 2013 to .917 in 2013-14. His numbers were still strong last season, but in the playoffs things fell off a bit more as he posted a .912 mark in leading Chicago to the Western Conference Final.
Doing anything to help get those numbers back up helps and bringing in a new coach from a familiar family can help make things a little easier.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)