Jul 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have a pair of key restricted free agents to get deals done with, but things aren’t close to getting done at the moment.
Red Wings GM Ken Holland addressed the progress in talks with forward Tomas Tatar and defenseman Danny DeKeyser. The long and short of it is there’s not much going on as George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press shared.
“Tats is overseas, and I’m waiting to hear back,” Holland said. “On the DeKeyser front, we met them in early June. We talked briefly at the draft, and we haven’t really talked much in July. I’ve made what I think are pretty good offers. They haven’t really countered. We’re just in the waiting process.”
Tatar and DeKeyser make up part of Detroit’s youth movement.
Tatar, 23, had a breakout season last year with 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games. DeKeyser, also 23, had four goals and 23 points in 65 games and became one of the steadier players on the Red Wings blue line. Deals will get done for these guys but it’s a question of years and money.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)