Jul 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have a pair of key restricted free agents to get deals done with, but things aren’t close to getting done at the moment.
Red Wings GM Ken Holland addressed the progress in talks with forward Tomas Tatar and defenseman Danny DeKeyser. The long and short of it is there’s not much going on as George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press shared.
“Tats is overseas, and I’m waiting to hear back,” Holland said. “On the DeKeyser front, we met them in early June. We talked briefly at the draft, and we haven’t really talked much in July. I’ve made what I think are pretty good offers. They haven’t really countered. We’re just in the waiting process.”
Tatar and DeKeyser make up part of Detroit’s youth movement.
Tatar, 23, had a breakout season last year with 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games. DeKeyser, also 23, had four goals and 23 points in 65 games and became one of the steadier players on the Red Wings blue line. Deals will get done for these guys but it’s a question of years and money.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)