Jul 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have a pair of key restricted free agents to get deals done with, but things aren’t close to getting done at the moment.
Red Wings GM Ken Holland addressed the progress in talks with forward Tomas Tatar and defenseman Danny DeKeyser. The long and short of it is there’s not much going on as George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press shared.
“Tats is overseas, and I’m waiting to hear back,” Holland said. “On the DeKeyser front, we met them in early June. We talked briefly at the draft, and we haven’t really talked much in July. I’ve made what I think are pretty good offers. They haven’t really countered. We’re just in the waiting process.”
Tatar and DeKeyser make up part of Detroit’s youth movement.
Tatar, 23, had a breakout season last year with 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games. DeKeyser, also 23, had four goals and 23 points in 65 games and became one of the steadier players on the Red Wings blue line. Deals will get done for these guys but it’s a question of years and money.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2