Jul 19, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings have a pair of key restricted free agents to get deals done with, but things aren’t close to getting done at the moment.
Red Wings GM Ken Holland addressed the progress in talks with forward Tomas Tatar and defenseman Danny DeKeyser. The long and short of it is there’s not much going on as George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press shared.
“Tats is overseas, and I’m waiting to hear back,” Holland said. “On the DeKeyser front, we met them in early June. We talked briefly at the draft, and we haven’t really talked much in July. I’ve made what I think are pretty good offers. They haven’t really countered. We’re just in the waiting process.”
Tatar and DeKeyser make up part of Detroit’s youth movement.
Tatar, 23, had a breakout season last year with 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games. DeKeyser, also 23, had four goals and 23 points in 65 games and became one of the steadier players on the Red Wings blue line. Deals will get done for these guys but it’s a question of years and money.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5