Jul 19, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets may not be making a big dent in the unrestricted free agent market, but they are taking care of their own.
The team announced they’ve re-signed three restricted free agents to separate one-year deals. Forwards Eric O’Dell ($650,000), Patrice Cormier ($625,000), and John Albert ($585,000) all inked new deals.
The highlighted guy of this bunch is O’Dell who played in 30 games for the Jets last season and scored three goals with four assists. Cormier and Albert each played in nine games. Cormier registered three assists and Albert scored one goal.
Winnipeg has two restricted free agents left to sign. Michael Frolik is the big one and they’ve taken him to team-elected arbitration. It’s not expected they’ll make it all the way to court as they should get a deal done ahead of then. The other is depth defenseman Ben Chiarot who appeared in one game for the Jets last season.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)