Jul 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Another chapter in Tim Bozon’s remarkable recovery story will be written later this month.
On July 31, Bozon — who in March was placed in a medically-induced coma while battling Neisseria Meningitis — will suit up for France at an Under-23 tournament in Ostrava, Czech Republic, per NHL.com.
Bozon has French heritage from his father, ex-NHLer Philippe, and represented France’s senior national team at the 2013 World Hockey Championships.
The return to game action is a welcome development given how much Bozon’s health deteriorated while battling meningitis. He lost a significant amount of weight and his voice was noticeably raspy after he’d been awoken from his coma, but it hasn’t taken him long to regain strength — roughly two months after being discharged from Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, Bozon posted pictures of himself skating for the first time since being released from medical care.
A talented, high-scoring winger — he had 62 points in 50 games for WHL Kootenay last year — Bozon was Montreal’s third-round pick (64th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
As opposed to just his skill.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 15
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 57
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 25
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)