Jul 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Another chapter in Tim Bozon’s remarkable recovery story will be written later this month.
On July 31, Bozon — who in March was placed in a medically-induced coma while battling Neisseria Meningitis — will suit up for France at an Under-23 tournament in Ostrava, Czech Republic, per NHL.com.
Bozon has French heritage from his father, ex-NHLer Philippe, and represented France’s senior national team at the 2013 World Hockey Championships.
The return to game action is a welcome development given how much Bozon’s health deteriorated while battling meningitis. He lost a significant amount of weight and his voice was noticeably raspy after he’d been awoken from his coma, but it hasn’t taken him long to regain strength — roughly two months after being discharged from Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, Bozon posted pictures of himself skating for the first time since being released from medical care.
A talented, high-scoring winger — he had 62 points in 50 games for WHL Kootenay last year — Bozon was Montreal’s third-round pick (64th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)