Jul 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Another chapter in Tim Bozon’s remarkable recovery story will be written later this month.
On July 31, Bozon — who in March was placed in a medically-induced coma while battling Neisseria Meningitis — will suit up for France at an Under-23 tournament in Ostrava, Czech Republic, per NHL.com.
Bozon has French heritage from his father, ex-NHLer Philippe, and represented France’s senior national team at the 2013 World Hockey Championships.
The return to game action is a welcome development given how much Bozon’s health deteriorated while battling meningitis. He lost a significant amount of weight and his voice was noticeably raspy after he’d been awoken from his coma, but it hasn’t taken him long to regain strength — roughly two months after being discharged from Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon, Bozon posted pictures of himself skating for the first time since being released from medical care.
A talented, high-scoring winger — he had 62 points in 50 games for WHL Kootenay last year — Bozon was Montreal’s third-round pick (64th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)