Jul 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins were busy today, signing defenseman Tommy Cross and forwards Craig Cunningham, Tyler Randell and Justin Florek to one-year, two-way contracts.
Florek, 24, is perhaps the most noteworthy of the group after he served in six playoff games in 2014. He took advantage of a lucky bounce on Apr. 20 to score the opening goal in a 4-1 victory over Detroit in Game 2 of their first round series. It was also the first 2014 postseason goal by the Bruins after they were shutout of Game 1. He can earn $600,000 at the NHL level.
Cross had seven points and 54 penalty minutes in 55 AHL games last season. The 24-year-old was taken in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and his new deal comes with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Cunningham scored 25 goals and registered 22 assists in 75 contests with the Providence Bruins in 2013-14. He also played with Boston on Dec. 17 and Apr. 13 last season. He’ll turn 24 in September and can make $600,000 if he spends the season in Boston.
Randell had 11 points and 93 penalty minutes in 43 AHL games last season. The 23-year-old’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)