Jul 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins were busy today, signing defenseman Tommy Cross and forwards Craig Cunningham, Tyler Randell and Justin Florek to one-year, two-way contracts.
Florek, 24, is perhaps the most noteworthy of the group after he served in six playoff games in 2014. He took advantage of a lucky bounce on Apr. 20 to score the opening goal in a 4-1 victory over Detroit in Game 2 of their first round series. It was also the first 2014 postseason goal by the Bruins after they were shutout of Game 1. He can earn $600,000 at the NHL level.
Cross had seven points and 54 penalty minutes in 55 AHL games last season. The 24-year-old was taken in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and his new deal comes with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Cunningham scored 25 goals and registered 22 assists in 75 contests with the Providence Bruins in 2013-14. He also played with Boston on Dec. 17 and Apr. 13 last season. He’ll turn 24 in September and can make $600,000 if he spends the season in Boston.
Randell had 11 points and 93 penalty minutes in 43 AHL games last season. The 23-year-old’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)