Jul 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Boston Bruins were busy today, signing defenseman Tommy Cross and forwards Craig Cunningham, Tyler Randell and Justin Florek to one-year, two-way contracts.
Florek, 24, is perhaps the most noteworthy of the group after he served in six playoff games in 2014. He took advantage of a lucky bounce on Apr. 20 to score the opening goal in a 4-1 victory over Detroit in Game 2 of their first round series. It was also the first 2014 postseason goal by the Bruins after they were shutout of Game 1. He can earn $600,000 at the NHL level.
Cross had seven points and 54 penalty minutes in 55 AHL games last season. The 24-year-old was taken in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and his new deal comes with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Cunningham scored 25 goals and registered 22 assists in 75 contests with the Providence Bruins in 2013-14. He also played with Boston on Dec. 17 and Apr. 13 last season. He’ll turn 24 in September and can make $600,000 if he spends the season in Boston.
Randell had 11 points and 93 penalty minutes in 43 AHL games last season. The 23-year-old’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)