Jul 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins were busy today, signing defenseman Tommy Cross and forwards Craig Cunningham, Tyler Randell and Justin Florek to one-year, two-way contracts.
Florek, 24, is perhaps the most noteworthy of the group after he served in six playoff games in 2014. He took advantage of a lucky bounce on Apr. 20 to score the opening goal in a 4-1 victory over Detroit in Game 2 of their first round series. It was also the first 2014 postseason goal by the Bruins after they were shutout of Game 1. He can earn $600,000 at the NHL level.
Cross had seven points and 54 penalty minutes in 55 AHL games last season. The 24-year-old was taken in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and his new deal comes with a $600,000 annual cap hit if he plays in the NHL.
Cunningham scored 25 goals and registered 22 assists in 75 contests with the Providence Bruins in 2013-14. He also played with Boston on Dec. 17 and Apr. 13 last season. He’ll turn 24 in September and can make $600,000 if he spends the season in Boston.
Randell had 11 points and 93 penalty minutes in 43 AHL games last season. The 23-year-old’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)