Jul 16, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year contract.
From the press release:
Ruhwedel (5/7/90, 5’11”, 181 lbs) has played in 28 games for the Sabres since signing an entry-level contract with the club in April 2013. While playing for the Rochester Americans in 2013-14, Ruhwedel notched 28 points (4+24) in 47 regular-season games, which ranked him second among the team’s defensemen. He also appeared in five playoff games and recorded five points (2+3), which was second-most on the team.
With Ruhwedel done, the Sabres still need to get restricted free agent Tyler Ennis under contract for next season.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39