Jul 16, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year contract.
From the press release:
Ruhwedel (5/7/90, 5’11”, 181 lbs) has played in 28 games for the Sabres since signing an entry-level contract with the club in April 2013. While playing for the Rochester Americans in 2013-14, Ruhwedel notched 28 points (4+24) in 47 regular-season games, which ranked him second among the team’s defensemen. He also appeared in five playoff games and recorded five points (2+3), which was second-most on the team.
With Ruhwedel done, the Sabres still need to get restricted free agent Tyler Ennis under contract for next season.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)