Jul 16, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed defenseman Chad Ruhwedel to a two-year contract.
From the press release:
Ruhwedel (5/7/90, 5’11”, 181 lbs) has played in 28 games for the Sabres since signing an entry-level contract with the club in April 2013. While playing for the Rochester Americans in 2013-14, Ruhwedel notched 28 points (4+24) in 47 regular-season games, which ranked him second among the team’s defensemen. He also appeared in five playoff games and recorded five points (2+3), which was second-most on the team.
With Ruhwedel done, the Sabres still need to get restricted free agent Tyler Ennis under contract for next season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)