Jul 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
If you’re familiar with Boston Bruins defenseman Matt Bartkowski it’s because you’ve either seen him in the playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens or you were paying attention to news of him re-signing with the team.
Two seasons ago he was nearly sent to the Calgary Flames in the Jarome Iginla trade that almost happened and his name seems to come up often as rumors fly about. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shared, the 26-year-old is trying to not let the rumors get to him.
“I really don’t pay too much attention to it. There’s no real reason to. I think it’s only just a hindrance to worry about where you’re going to end up and all that,” said Bartkowski. “You just prepare for what you can, and the team you’re on. If something happens, it happens. It’s out of our hands, so like I said, there’s really no reason for me to worry about it. I just try to focus on my summer workouts and being as ready as I can for next season.”
Next season could be a big one for Bartkowski as he’ll have his work cut out for him to make the Bruins’ top-six on defense. Dennis Seidenberg will be set to return from an injury that kept him out most of last season. The same applies to Adam McQuaid as well. Fighting for time with Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton as well as fighting off Kevan Miller will make the task all the more difficult.
With a crowded house like that, it’s possible the Bruins do move someone out. Bartkowski would like to make sure it’s not him that goes.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)