Jul 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
If you’re familiar with Boston Bruins defenseman Matt Bartkowski it’s because you’ve either seen him in the playoffs against the Montreal Canadiens or you were paying attention to news of him re-signing with the team.
Two seasons ago he was nearly sent to the Calgary Flames in the Jarome Iginla trade that almost happened and his name seems to come up often as rumors fly about. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shared, the 26-year-old is trying to not let the rumors get to him.
“I really don’t pay too much attention to it. There’s no real reason to. I think it’s only just a hindrance to worry about where you’re going to end up and all that,” said Bartkowski. “You just prepare for what you can, and the team you’re on. If something happens, it happens. It’s out of our hands, so like I said, there’s really no reason for me to worry about it. I just try to focus on my summer workouts and being as ready as I can for next season.”
Next season could be a big one for Bartkowski as he’ll have his work cut out for him to make the Bruins’ top-six on defense. Dennis Seidenberg will be set to return from an injury that kept him out most of last season. The same applies to Adam McQuaid as well. Fighting for time with Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton as well as fighting off Kevan Miller will make the task all the more difficult.
With a crowded house like that, it’s possible the Bruins do move someone out. Bartkowski would like to make sure it’s not him that goes.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)