Jul 16, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche agreed to terms with three RFAs on Wednesday — none of which were, much to some fans’ chagrin, named Ryan O’Reilly.
Defensemen Stefan Elliott and Karl Stollery, along with forward Paul Carey, all accepted their qualifying offers. For details, here’s TVA’s Renaud Lavoie:
— Renaud Lavoie (@renlavoietva) July 16, 2014
Of the three, Elliott played the least last year (one regular season game, zilch in the playoffs) but does have the highest draft pedigree, having been selected 49th overall at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. Stollery, 26, appeared in two games while Carey, 25, made 12 appearances and three more in the playoffs.
To put it bluntly, all three are depth signings that’ll float between Colorado and AHL Lake Erie next season. What folks are really curious about is how the Avs will handle negotiations for O’Reilly and another key RFA, offensive defenseman Tyson Barrie. O’Reilly is set for club-elected arbitration on July 23 while Barrie’s new deal sounds more like a formality than anything else.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)