Jul 15, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Not all signings can earn the attention of a full post. Here’s a few of those from today…
Oilers re-sign three players
The Edmonton Oilers helped keep some of their depth going by keeping three players in the fold with one-year deals. Forwards Andrew Miller, Curtis Hamilton, and Tyler Pitlick all were inked to new deals. All three players spent the season with the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL last season. Pitlick and Hamilton were each second-round picks by the team in 2010. Miller was signed out of Yale following his senior season in 2013.
Kings re-sign Berube
Should the Los Angeles Kings run into any trouble with Jonathan Quick or Martin Jones next season, they’ll have J.F. Berube to fall back on. The 23-year-old goaltender re-upped with the Kings on a two-year contract. He’ll likely start the season in Manchester, but should Quick have trouble bouncing back from offseason wrist surgery, he could start as Jones’ backup if the Kings don’t sign a veteran to help. The Kings have just Dwight King left to re-sign amongst their restricted free agents.
Coyotes re-sign McMillan and Szwarz
Arizona helped keep their depth intact by re-signing forwards Brandon McMillan and Jordan Szwarz. McMillan has seen NHL time with the Coyotes and Anaheim Ducks in the past and had six points with the ‘Yotes last season. Szwarz had three goals and 19 penalty minutes in 26 games last season with the team and splitting time between the AHL and NHL.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)