Jul 15, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Not all signings can earn the attention of a full post. Here’s a few of those from today…
Oilers re-sign three players
The Edmonton Oilers helped keep some of their depth going by keeping three players in the fold with one-year deals. Forwards Andrew Miller, Curtis Hamilton, and Tyler Pitlick all were inked to new deals. All three players spent the season with the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL last season. Pitlick and Hamilton were each second-round picks by the team in 2010. Miller was signed out of Yale following his senior season in 2013.
Kings re-sign Berube
Should the Los Angeles Kings run into any trouble with Jonathan Quick or Martin Jones next season, they’ll have J.F. Berube to fall back on. The 23-year-old goaltender re-upped with the Kings on a two-year contract. He’ll likely start the season in Manchester, but should Quick have trouble bouncing back from offseason wrist surgery, he could start as Jones’ backup if the Kings don’t sign a veteran to help. The Kings have just Dwight King left to re-sign amongst their restricted free agents.
Coyotes re-sign McMillan and Szwarz
Arizona helped keep their depth intact by re-signing forwards Brandon McMillan and Jordan Szwarz. McMillan has seen NHL time with the Coyotes and Anaheim Ducks in the past and had six points with the ‘Yotes last season. Szwarz had three goals and 19 penalty minutes in 26 games last season with the team and splitting time between the AHL and NHL.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)