Jul 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Whatever “behavioral issues” Mike Ribeiro had with the Coyotes weren’t enough to dissuade the Nashville Predators from signing the 34-year-old center to a one-year, $1.05 million contract.
“Mike is a talented veteran center who has produced offensively everywhere he has played,” Preds general manager David Poile said in a release. “We have done our due diligence and believe Mike has a lot to offer to our team, improves us at our center ice position and will fit in with our group and contribute.”
With the Preds looking to play more of an offense-oriented game under new coach Peter Laviolette, Ribeiro will provide new winger James Neal a center who’s racked up 454 assists in 865 career NHL games. Ribeiro may not be Jason Spezza, but he’s still a decent playmaker, at a low cost to boot.
By the way, there’s also been plenty of speculation the Preds could be signing center Derek Roy, so stay tuned for possible news on that.
Related: Coyotes buy out Ribeiro
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)