Jul 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
A busy day for the Nashville Predators was capped off nicely by taking care of their 2014 first-round pick.
The Predators announced they’ve signed Swiss forward Kevin Fiala to his three-year entry-level contract. Unlike the Predators other two signings today, Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy, it’s not expected Fiala will crack the Predators roster next season.
Fiala was taken 11th overall by the Predators in this year’s draft and played with HV71 in the Swedish Hockey League last season. If he doesn’t make the Predators, he could wind up back in Sweden or play in Milwaukee with the Preds’ AHL team.
As for the player, he’s obviously very excited to get the deal done.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)