Jul 15, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
The New York Islanders took care of some restricted free agent business on Tuesday.
Arthur Staple of Newsday reports de Haan’s deal is worth $5.9 million and Cizikas’ deal is for $2 million.
Last season, de Haan got a chance to show why the Islanders took him 12th overall in the 2009 NHL Draft with three goals and 16 points in 51 games with the big club. In that time on Long Island he averaged just over 21 minutes of ice time per game.
Getting big minutes and providing solid production (as well as possession numbers) means he should factor into the Isles’ top-six on the blue line next season. Getting him for under $2 million per season makes this an outstanding deal for GM Garth Snow.
Cizikas has been a solid third and fourth line player for the past two seasons and earned a full season on Long Island this past year. In 80 games he had six goals and 16 points and played an average of 13:22 per game. Now that the Isles have Mikhail Grabovski joining John Tavares and Frans Nielsen up the middle, Cizikas’ role on the fourth line would seem to be set.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)